Because I believe that people should be able to make a living doing what they like to do…
I don’t know if Learnemy will indeed change the world,
but working on it beats sitting at home thinking about it.
What do you believe in?
If you are:
- A smart developer looking for a full-time job
- Based in Singapore
- Someone with big dreams
- Someone who gets things done
- Someone who wants to get paid to break into the world of startups
Then read on, you might just be the one Learnemy is looking for.
Why should I work on Learnemy?
- Learnemy has a purpose.
- You will be treated with respect, and like an adult.
- You get to make key decisions in the startup.
- You get a competitive salary. I hire the best, and will give you the best of what Learnemy can offer.
- You get to share my network.
- Flexible hours. I respect the maker’s schedule.
- You get to operate like a founder but enjoy the stability of an employee.
What is Learnemy?
Learnemy is an online marketplace that connects you with instructors for anything you want to learn. It solves this problem:
“I want to learn how to bake pineapple tarts. But my budget is only $30 and I don’t want to travel far. I wonder who can teach me.”
And it can be expanded to include anything – handstand, er hu, cycling, chicken rice, clay sculpting, barista workshop, arduino, picking up girls or building your own tv.
Who am I working with?
Graduated from NUS with a degree in Psychology and from the Founder Institute, I’ve worked on the Chingay Facebook page and EV Battery Forum Linkedin group, achieving more than double the original amount of social engagement for both clients. You can read more about me professionally or personally.
While Learnemy is in the works, I’ve established good relationship with major online technology blogs, secured a government grant of SGD50, 000 and build up a sizeable base of beta users.
In your term with Learnemy, I hope to learn together with you and help you achieve your goals.
Where will I work?
Mostly home for now. We’ll start off with daily Skype meetings and work together once or twice a week at a co-working space or cafe to keep both of us on track and accountable. All expenses at these public locations (excluding meals) will be covered by the startup. If this arrangement doesn’t work out, we will discuss on which co-working space to move into.
What skills do I need?
- Well versed in Ruby on Rails 3 (or Python or PHP)
- Well versed in with Facebook, Paypal and Twitter APIs.
- Belong to a test and behavior driven design culture
- Have experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, etc)
- Able to deal with database administration such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MongoDB
- Able to handle front-end development with HTML, CSS, jQuery, AJAX
- Familiar with the Agile or Scrum development practices
What exactly will I be doing?
You will be in charge of all back-end developments, occasionally helping out with coding out the front end.
Things to put into your resume:
1. Github username with at least 2 repositories, or any snippets of your previous work.
2. Stackoverflow username
3. Your life goal, and how you intend to achieve it
4. Link to personal blog, if any
5. Hacker news username
6. Expected salary
Send questions or resumes to Elisha@learnemy.com.I build Learnemy, an online marketplace that finds you the right instructors and classes in Singapore. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter